Research shows that baby teeth serve a very important function when it comes to the development of healthy teeth, gums, and overall smile. Although we know that baby teeth eventually fall out, we’ve found that they have an important impact toward the development of both our gums and our permanent teeth. Therefore, it is very important to keep up with proper dental hygiene and dental care starting from the day our baby teeth appear, to the day they leave you, and every day after.
Here are some helpful tips toward healthy dental development:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth daily with floss or interdental cleaner
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit your snacking
- Visit us regularly for a professional dental cleaning and oral examination
- Check with us about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about use of dental sealants (a protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from decay
At Smiles in Framingham, we work hard to keep up with the development of your teeth. Call us today to schedule an appointment for us to evaluate any developing problems.