Dr. Deborah A. Himelhoch, DDS MS, MMSc
Framingham, MA Pediatric Dentist & Orthodontist
Dr. Himelhoch has completed full specialty training and is board certified in both pediatric dentistry and orthodontics. Her training, combined with experience in both hospital and community settings enables her to provide a comprehensive range of pediatric dental care. She understands children’s special emotional, developmental, and medical needs.
A graduate of the Harvard School of Dental Medicine orthodontic program, Dr. Himelhoch has practiced orthodontics in Massachusetts since 1990. As a board certified orthodontist, she is dedicated to improving her skills through continuing education and by incorporating new techniques into the practice. She enjoys providing top quality pediatric dentisty and orthodontics to the residents of Framingham, Southborough, Ashland, Wayland, Natick, Marlborough, and Hopkinton MA.
Dr. Himelhoch resides in Framingham, MA with her husband. Her children are both graduates of Framingham High School. In her spare time, she enjoys gardening and various forms of needlework.
Education and Community Service
Dr. Himelhoch is board certified in both pediatric dentistry (www.abpd.org) and in orthodontics (www.americanboardortho.com). Dr. Himelhoch received her dental degree from Northwestern University Dental School in 1983, completed a combined hospital residency and masters program in pediatric dentistry in 1985 at Children’s Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Dental School in Chicago, Illinois. She earned her masters degree in orthodontics from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 1990.
- 1979 B.S. University Of Miami (magna cum laude)
- 1983 D.D.S. Northwestern University Dental School
- 1985 M.S. Northwestern University Dental School (Pediatric Dentistry)
- 1990 M.M.Sc. Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Orthodontics)
Dr. Himelhoch is currently a part-time Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthodontics at Boston University School of Dental Medicine. She is on the dental staff of Franciscan Hospital for Children in Brighton, Massachusetts where she supervises orthodontic treatment provided by both pediatric and orthodontic residents of Boston University as they rotate through the hospital.
Dr. Himelhoch held a faculty position at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine from 1993-2001. She also held a part-time faculty position in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Chicago, Zoller Dental Clinic from 1985-87.
Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children- Dental Home Day AAPD 2014
- Volunteer dental staff at Franciscan Hospital for Children 2012-present
- “Mass Dentists CARE” participant, 2005-present
- Volunteer, Massachusetts Dental Society MAC van, 2009-2010
- Kidseal Provider, Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester, MA, 2008-2010
- “Dentistry for All” participant, 1994-2004
- “A Healthy Toothousand” volunteer, Massachusetts Dental Society, 1999
- Health Advisory Committee, Cope St-Paul Head Start, Chicago, IL 1986-87