Where Can I Find A Pediatric Dentist In Framingham MA?
Our team at Smiles In Framingham specializes in providing full-service pediatric dental care in Framingham MA for children and adolescents. As a top pediatric dentist in Framingham, Dr. Himelhoch will make sure your child’s care is in the best hands possible. Our mission is to provide a positive dental experience in a friendly environment.
What Is A Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist also referred to as a dentist for kids, is a highly qualified dental professional who has received additional training and skills to specifically treat the emotional, developmental, and medical needs of children patients. A pediatric dentist in Framingham is responsible for developing good habits and implementing proper care regiments.
What Does A Pediatric Dentist Do?
A Framingham pediatric dentist such as Dr. Himelhoch understands the importance of maintaining the health of primary teeth. When issues are left untreated, cavities often lead to problems with developing permanent teeth. Primary teeth or baby teeth are important for proper chewing, guiding permanent teeth into correct position, and permitting the normal development of jaw bones and muscles. Primary teeth also add to an attractive appearance and the development of speech. The main responsibilities of a pediatric dentist include:
- Diagnosing oral diseases
- Promoting, maintaining, and restoring oral health
- Monitoring growth and development of teeth and jaws
- Repairing decaying teeth
- Fixing dental injuries
How Are A General Dentist And Pediatric Dentist Different?
A general dentist has some experience treating children but may not be as familiar in dealing with younger patients. However, a good pediatric dentist helps your child feel comfortable and positive about coming to the dentist. Frequently, bad experiences with a dentist early on can affect a child’s feelings towards care later in life. At Smiles In Framingham, we are dedicated to providing the best possible dental treatment in Framingham MA to kids of all ages.
Does Your Child Need To Visit A Pediatric Dentist In Framingham?
It is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Academy of Pediatrics that a child should have their first visit to a pediatric dentist by their first birthday. It is important for your child to establish a dental home early on. This allows professionals such as Dr. Himelhoch to build a relationship with young patients early on and guide them to a healthy smile.
What To Expect During The First Visit With A Pediatric Dentist
During an initial free consultation, our goal is to make your child feel comfortable and relaxed. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that a child have their first visit with a pediatric dentist by the time their first tooth has erupted. We are dedicated to establishing a home for your child’s dental care and we encourage parents to be apart of the process.
When Should A Child Visit A Pediatric Dentist In Framingham MA?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends a pediatric dentistry check-up at least twice a year for most children. Some children require more frequent dental visits due to increased risk of tooth decay, poor oral hygiene, or unusual growth patterns. Routine dental visits help your child stay healthy and cavity-free. Professional teeth cleanings remove debris that accumulates on teeth, irritate the gums, and cause tooth decay. Fluoride treatments help strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. Proper hygiene instructions improve your child’s brushing and flossing habits, which leads to healthier teeth and gums. A Framingham pediatric dentist such as Dr. Himelhoch is capable of completing the following procedures:
- Cleaning and Hygiene – helps ensure that your child maintains healthy teeth and good oral hygiene
- Examination – exams and discussions about oral hygiene, including issues such as brushing, flossing, teething, or thumb sucking.
- Fluoride treatments – fluoridated water, toothpaste, and mouth rinses are commonly used to keep children’s teeth healthy, strong and cavity-free.
- BPA-free sealant – provide a barrier to protect against cavities and can be applied to baby molars, adult premolars, and posterior molars.
- Space maintainers – help prevent the crowding of adult teeth and the shifting of baby teeth
- Mouthguard – provide ultimate protection of your child’s adult teeth from fractures caused by trauma or injury
- White fillings – used to treat cavities or broken teeth while remaining aesthetically appealing
- Pediatric crowns – recommended for children following a baby root canal or if a baby tooth suffers from cavities or severe trauma
- Baby root canals – prevents premature loss to maintain the integrity of the affected tooth
- Extractions – address tooth decay or orthodontic problems with pediatric patients
Finding A Pediatric Dentist In Framingham MA
Dr. Himelhoch and our team at Smiles In Framingham are experts in pediatric dentistry. If you are looking for pediatric dentistry in Framingham MA, Southborough MA, Natick MA, Ashland MA, Wayland MA, Marlborough MA, and Hopkinton MA. Contact Smiles In Framingham to schedule a free consultation today. Call now (508) 872-0555.