Where Can I Find A Pediatric Dentist In Marlborough MA?
Our team at Smiles In Framingham specializes in providing full-service pediatric dentistry in Marlborough MA for children and adolescents of all ages. As a leading Marlborough pediatric dentist, Dr. Himelhoch ensures that your child’s care is in the best hands possible.
What Is A Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist also referred to as a dentist for kids, is a highly qualified dental professional who has gone above and beyond to receive additional training and education. As a result, pediatric dentists are able to specifically treat the emotional, developmental, and medical needs of young patients. A pediatric dentist in Framingham is responsible for developing good habits and implementing proper care regiments.
What Does A Pediatric Dentist Do?
A Marlborough pediatric dentist understands the importance of maintaining good oral health. When issues are left untreated, cavities increase the risk of problems with developing permanent teeth. Baby teeth or primary teeth are essential for proper chewing, guiding permanent teeth into the correct position, and permitting the normal development of jaw bones and muscles. Primary teeth also add to an attractive appearance and the development of speech. The main responsibilities of a pediatric dentist consist of:
- Diagnosing oral diseases
- Promoting, maintaining, and restoring oral health
- Monitoring growth and development of teeth and jaws
- Repairing decaying teeth
- Fixing dental injuries
What’s The Difference Between A General And Pediatric Dentist?
A general dentist has some experience treating children but may not be as familiar in dealing with younger patients. However, a good pediatric dentist helps your child feel comfortable and positive about coming to the dentist. Frequently, bad experiences with a dentist early on can affect a child’s feelings towards care later in life. At Smiles In Framingham, we are dedicated to providing the best possible dental treatment in Marlborough MA to kids of all ages.
Does Your Child Need To Visit A Pediatric Dentist In Marlborough MA?
It is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Academy of Pediatrics that a child should have their first visit to a pediatric dentist by their first birthday. It is important for your child to establish a dental home early on. This allows professionals such as Dr. Himelhoch to build a relationship with young patients early on and guide them to a healthy smile.
When Should My Child Visit A Pediatric Dentist In Marlborough MA?
It is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that most children have a checkup with a pediatric dentist at least twice a year. However, some children require more dental visits more frequently due to poor oral hygiene, unusual growth patterns, and increased risk of tooth decay. Regular dental visits with Dr. Himelhoch help your child stay cavity-free and healthy. Professional teeth cleanings have the power to remove debris that build up on teeth, irritate gums, and cause tooth decay. Proper hygiene instructions improve your child’s brushing and flossing habits. As a result, this promotes healthier teeth and gums. A pediatric dentist in Marlborough MA is capable of completing the following procedures:
- Cleaning and Hygiene – ensures that your child maintains healthy teeth and good oral hygiene.
- Examination – exams and discussions about oral hygiene, brushing, flossing, teething, or thumb sucking.
- Fluoride treatments – fluoridated water, toothpaste, and mouth rinses are commonly used to keep children’s teeth healthy, cavity-free, and strong.
- BPA-free sealant – acts as a barrier to protect against cavities.
- Space maintainers – helps prevent the crowding of adult teeth as well as the shifting of baby teeth.
- Mouthguards – provide maximum protection of your child’s adult teeth from any trauma or injury.
- White fillings – used to treat cavities or broken teeth while remaining aesthetically appealing
- Pediatric crowns – recommended for children following a baby root canal or if a baby tooth suffers from cavities or severe trauma
- Baby root canals – prevents premature loss to maintain the integrity of the affected tooth
- Extractions – address tooth decay or orthodontic problems with pediatric patients
Finding A Pediatric Dentist In Framingham MA
Dr. Himelhoch and our team at Smiles In Framingham are experts in pediatric dentistry. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding a pediatric dentist in Marlborough MA, Southborough MA, Natick MA, Ashland MA, Wayland MA, and Hopkinton MA. Contact Smiles In Framingham to schedule a free consultation today. Call now (508) 872-0555.